The world of recruitment has rapidly evolved in the last decade. The recruitment landscape has become increasingly competitive with changing job market demands. Companies vying for top talent for the job positions have been deploying different social networking mediums, and recruitment strategies to tap into the groups of potential job seekers as well as skilled professionals.
Meanwhile, social media sites have experienced phenomenal growth in recent times. Recruiters are quite aware of the fact that an indomitable company brand presence on social media is of utmost importance. Social Media is where the talent pool today exists. Most often hiding behind firewalls, passively looking out for the best job opportunities coming their way.
What is Social Media Recruiting?
Social media recruiting is using social media platforms, tools and technologies to scan and filter the best talent for your job postings. Recruiters proactively reach out to career aspirants via their social media profiles and connect with them. It helps them to understand their educational backgrounds, passion, as well as future career goals better. With the rise in usage of mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones, mobile recruiting is progressively catching up with talent acquisition experts as well.
Today, the digitally-empowered age is redefining traditional recruitment procedures to make the entire process seamless, efficient, cost-effective and on-the-go. In order to stay in sync with these changing times, it is a good idea to get conversant with the use of social media recruiting tools and techniques. You need to speed up your recruitment efforts, strategize them in the right direction and make the best hire.
Here is one of the most frequently asked questions about Social Media Recruiting –
Why should you use Social Media for Recruitment?
There are many advantages to using social media as a recruitment tool. The recruiters are considering candidates’ social media accounts for knowing candidates better. They use candidate information available on social media for the screening process. In addition to this, they also observe the behavior of these candidates on social media. This helps them in knowing whether the candidate would be a perfect fit for their company.
“Over nine in ten candidates are happy to be solicited for jobs via LinkedIn. And about 80% of candidates would apply for a relevant job that appears in their profile feed. Social media has a significant impact on job seekers in shaping impressions of a potential employer.”, says Robert Walter, Author of ‘Using Social Media in the Recruitment Process’ Whitepaper.
Similarly, an SHRM (Society for Human Resource Management) survey states, “Recruiting passive candidates continues to be the top reason that organizations use social media for recruitment.”
Benefits of Social Media Recruiting
Although the benefits of using social media for recruitment are many, we have listed down a few of them for you.
- You can target a passive talent pool by casting a wider net on social media platforms.
- Connect with candidates on social media and start engaging those candidates with your talent brand.
- You can advertise your job openings on social media groups and forums. It is a cost-effective solution and also, facilitates a quick screening of candidates.
- Social media recruiting speeds up the recruitment process and shortens the hiring time. This will automatically give businesses a competitive edge in securing the best talent.
A social media recruiting survey conducted in 2015 revealed some surprising results. It says that 92% of recruiters are leveraging on social media networks as a part of their job.
Therefore, using social media for your recruitment process is an effective way of tapping into pool of talented professionals.
Social Media Recruiting Tips
Here are some social media recruiting tips that will surely help you create a lasting impression on your candidates.
- Advertise your jobs on your company’s social media pages. Your candidates are most active on social media. And by posting your jobs on social media, you are automatically reaching out to them. In addition to this, you can even share these jobs in some active job seekers group and expand your reach.
- Optimize your Company LinkedIn page for Search. Make sure it has interesting news updates, links to blogs and articles, etc. This will help your candidates to research better and know your company before applying for a job role. Your social media page talks about company culture and the work environment.
- Portray your existing employees as your brand ambassadors. You can share some employee reviews on your social media channels. You can also share the photos on the latest events and opportunities to excel for brilliant minds. Furthermore. your prospective candidates will be able to relate to your talent brand better.
- Dive into one of the best professional networks in the world, LinkedIn to source potential candidates and add them to your talent pool. You can capture all the required details and engage them in your recruitment process accordingly.
- Reach out to your candidates on social media channels primarily to understand their interests beyond work. Their social profiles can give you deeper insights into their hobbies, their interest in sports, travel, etc. It also helps to verify the applicant’s social brand.
An interesting news report estimates that approximately 85% of open positions are filled through networking.
Things to remember about Social Media Recruiting
- Your hiring team and you should possess a clear understanding of how social media channels work. This will help you accelerate recruitment efforts with a targeted approach.
- Candidate profiles on social media platforms are not always true and accurate about information published. Also, the social profiles offer only a dimension of your candidate’s personality. So, you should not judge or make opinions based on the little insights about their personal and professional life. You should make unbiased recruitment decisions.
In order to excel at social recruiting, you need to plan your social media recruitment strategy carefully. This will require creating a positive company brand image on all the social media platforms. You should also ensure that your strategy stays consistent over the years. You can also follow these social media recruiting tips as and when required.
It will help foster a culture of employee retention and engagement where your employees feel involved as an integral part of your company’s growth. It will also help attract top talent to the company.
Using a recruiting software that supports social media recruiting proves to be very beneficial in such cases. You can publish your jobs on social media in just a few clicks. You receive all your candidate applications in one place. Hence, eliminating the need for manual updates. Jobsoid can help you accelerate your social media recruiting efforts. It has all the tools that you need to get started with your social recruiting.
Sign up for your Free Account to know how you can leverage Jobsoid to boost your social recruiting efforts and make better hires.