Having over a billion active users every month, Instagram is one of the fastest-growing social media platforms in today’s times. Launched in the year 2010, this picture and video sharing platform is largely being used by people belonging to 18 to 29-year demography. To conclude, it is the entire millennial generation that is very much active on Instagram.
Hence, Instagram is one of the best platforms to showcase your talent brand and tap talented candidates for your job roles.
Employer Branding on Instagram
Building your employer brand on Instagram is not a really difficult task. Unlike LinkedIn, Instagram is not a professional networking website. You are free to experiment with various ideas on Instagram.
You can post fantastic pictures of your offices or that of some events organized by your company. In addition to this, you can also create 15-60 seconds videos to promote your company. Though Instagram is a photo and video sharing platform, you can be creative and witty with your captions. In addition to this, you can also conduct some polls and QnA sessions on your company’s Instagram page. Besides that, you can also buy Instagram followers to give your brand the targeted audience that it needs.
You can also link your company’s blog with your Instagram page and let your audience read your articles.
How to build your employer brand on Instagram?
The first thing that you should do in order to build your employer brand on Instagram is creating an Instagram account for your company.
Having created your account, you need to define your employer branding goals. Your employer branding goals or EVP could include
- Increasing brand awareness
- Attracting job seekers
- Promoting open positions
- Demonstrating company environment and work life
Remember that your Instagram account is not just a medium to promote your employer brand. It also acts as a medium to promote your company and the services you offer.
Here is a list of activities that you can include in your employer branding strategy. You can carry them out in order to build your employer brand on Instagram right away.
- Showcase your company culture to your prospective employees.
- Show off your awesome workplace and amazing office environment.
- Highlight the perks and benefits of working in your company.
- Engage your employees in your employer branding process. Record their testimonial videos or simply, share an image about the same.
- Let your employees take over your Instagram page for a day. You can show a real-time insight into the working lives of your employees with this excellent idea.
- Organize some amazing events and share glimpses of these events. Let your potential hires see your employees having fun in the office.
- Post pictures or videos of your team at company’s corporate events.
Tried and Tested Tips for Better Employer Branding on Instagram
Instagram offers you three ways to promote your content – the Instagram feed or the Instagram posts, the Instagram stories and IGTV.
These handy tips can help you get the most out of your company’s Instagram account.
- Think of a catchy username. You can create a separate Instagram page for your talent branding altogether.
- Let every image you share have your company branding.
- Remember that quality matters over quantity. Choose the content (images as well as videos) you wish to share thoughtfully.
- Do not forget to use the relevant hashtags for your posts.
- You can be humorous with your Instagram captions and Instagram stories.
- Be ready to try out new things. You can be humorous with your captions and Instagram stories.
- Be honest and consistent with your employer branding efforts.
- Remember to link your website blog in your Instagram bio.
- Use the Instagram highlights to feature your Instagram stories on your profile.
- Engage with your audience on a regular basis and build a bond.
Ready for Employer Branding on Instagram?
Many companies have started with promoting their employer branding on Instagram. You can too leverage your company Instagram page to strengthen your employer brand.
Showcase your employer brand on Instagram and boost your talent brand and social media recruiting! You can also check out how leading companies are building their brand and engaging their candidates with the help of their Instagram account.