Instagram is one of the most emerging recruitment platforms in recent times. Many companies today have started leveraging Instagram to meet their hiring goals. Instagram offers some amazing tools to attract the desired talent to your job roles while strengthening your employer branding on Instagram.
In this blog, we will discuss how you can use Instagram Stories to hire the best talent.
What are Instagram Stories?
Instagram is an image and video-sharing social networking platform that helps you build, promote and convey your brand message to your audiences. Instagram is all about creating aesthetically pleasing, visually appealing, eye-catching graphics and images. The striking colors and designs of the images go a long way in capturing the attention of your target audience.
Instagram offers its users time-based status updates just like Snapchat. These stories are active for a period of 24 hours on your page. Instagram stories are the best medium for sharing the required information with your followers without coming across as spammy. It is the best option to grab the attention of your followers.
In addition to this, you can also pin your stories on your page as Highlights. You can create various categories for these highlights according to your requirements. For example – a highlight could be exclusively for open job roles while another one can explain your hiring process in brief to your followers. Story highlights are the most effective medium to share quick information.
Why should you use Instagram Stories for hiring?
Here are some of the reasons why Instagram Stories can help you hire the best talent.
- Instagram Stories can be posted at any time of the day and as many times as you want. There are no limits on Instagram stories. Stories also keep you away from spamming your followers’ feed with multiple posts.
- Instagram stories are considered to be the best for companies that are having on-demand and urgent hiring requirements.
- It helps you increase your organic visibility.
- You can portray your employer brand perfectly well via Instagram stories.
How can you use Instagram Stories to hire the best talent?
You can implement the following strategies or practices in order to leverage your Instagram stories to hire the best talent.
- Design your Instagram Stories with your brand colors, filters, fonts, music, stickers, emojis, etc. to create a nice and pleasing aesthetics.
- Create infographics about the job positions stating job descriptions or roles and requirements in brief.
- Use polls to capture your followers’ responses and increase the engagement
- Ask questions to your target audience about their interests and tailor your content accordingly.
- Tag locations using the locations sticker in your stories. It will help your story reach out to a larger audience.
- Always share your post in your story. This will redirect your followers to the main post and thus, increase its reach.
- Use relevant hashtags – generic like #wearehiring #jobsearch #joinourteam as well as industry-specific like #customerservice #ITJobs #salesjobs to further increase your reach.
- You can make use of paid ads in Instagram stories to further enhancing your reach and targeting your desired audience
- Share your careers page link or job link in your bio section. If you have more than 10000 followers on your page, you can use swipe up feature to share direct job links in your stories
- Share fun-filled behind-the-scene images or videos in your stories to give your potential candidates a glimpse of your work environment.
- Feature your employees on your Instagram stories often to add a personal touch to your brand image.
Instagram offers you the best medium to source and hire talented professionals for your job openings. With its incredible features such as stories, reels, IGTVs, you can not only publish content that your followers love but also, build a successful brand.
Get started with creating an Instagram business page for your company and leverage Instagram stories to hire the best talent.