Social media recruiting is great if you want to attract a large number of qualified candidates and build brand awareness. Besides this, social media recruiting also helps you personalize your recruiting process to match your company culture. That said, social media platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter are used massively by recruiters across the globe. But, a video channel like YouTube can be an effective sourcing tool too.
So if you are looking to explore new recruiting options, do not miss on giving YouTube a try. You can attract and hire top talent while boosting user engagement at the same time.
Before you proceed to recruit via YouTube, take a look at why you should be recruiting via this social media channel.
Why you should recruit via YouTube?
Videos offer an enhanced user experience
Studies point to the fact that internet users prefer consuming the same information via videos than in a written format. So, when you post a video on YouTube outlining your recruiting process, it is likely to garner more user engagement. Hence, helping you offer potential candidates and other users on the platform an enhanced experience.
Videos encourage sharing and referrals
A smart and quick way to let candidates know about your brand is by posting videos. As videos are shared more often than any other piece of information online, it increases your chances of being known to a large network. Recruiting via YouTube can thus encourage sharing and referrals in a fraction of time.
Videos offer greater visibility in search engines
Making your presence felt in search engines is crucial for your success in recruiting. This is because videos tend to appear in search results more than textual content. So, candidates are more likely to find you when you have a solid search visibility strategy in place.
Videos are available all the time
Videos can be found on the internet 24/7 and viewable at any time of the day. Thus, helping you attract and encourage candidates to apply for the job post. Similarly, it also holds the power to engage with passive candidates and divert them to your company’s website or career page.
Videos help you cut down the screening time
Screening candidates can be time-consuming as well as overwhelming. Especially when you have a long list of candidates to choose from. Using videos as a part of your recruiting process can not only help save on the screening time but also filters candidates that resonate with your company culture. Videos provide an insider’s view into your company culture and let potential candidates know what it is like to be working in your organization. So, job seekers get an overview and can identify whether they meet your company’s requirements.
Videos encourage effective communication
The content you share via a video is likely to have a greater impact on candidates than textual posts. Thus, making videos can be an effective medium to put across a message on your company culture and other job offerings. You can target a wider network of audiences and let them know what’s unique to your organization.
Now that you know how YouTube recruiting can work to your advantage, take note of the following tips to make it seem like a breeze.
Tips for successful recruiting on YouTube
- Use the platform to build your employer branding. Showcase the day-to-day work life at your organization or mention the perks you offer for different job roles.
- Record what your existing employees have to say and use those testimonials to attract potential recruits.
- Develop and post videos that describe your recruiting process. This will help potential candidates to understand what they can expect when applying for a job role.
- Embed videos in your job vacancy ad to provide a graphical representation of what the job role entails.
- Create and upload content that emphasizes solely your company culture.
- Encourage applicants to submit job applications via a video, especially those applying for creative job roles like that of a Graphic Designer. Thus, helping you with a faster screening process and letting you test their presentation skills at the same time.
- Let your videos include links to your company website and social media pages to drive traffic to those platforms as well.
Keeping these pointers in mind, here is how to recruit on YouTube.
How to recruit on YouTube?
- Sign in to YouTube and click on ‘create a new channel’
- Click on ‘Use a business or other name’ to get started with your brand account
- Fill and verify your company details to start recruiting
Recruiting via YouTube can expand your outreach but to manage juggling between this platform and other social media networks, rely on recruiting software.
An all-in-one recruiting software like Jobsoid can help you effectively manage a wide range of social media networks along with premium job boards. So, start your journey towards successful recruiting by registering for a free account with Jobsoid.